What Ingredients Are Needed For A Jamie Oliver Christmas Cake?
1. For the cake:
2 cups (250 grams) self-rising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup (225 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup (200 grams) sugar
4 large eggs, beaten
1/4 cup (50 grams) blackstrap molasses
1/2 cup (120 ml) skimmed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2. For the frosting:
1/2 cup (115 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup (100 grams) sugar
1/4 cup (50 grams) blackstrap molasses
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3. For the decoration:
1/4 cup (27 grams) blanched almonds
1/4 cup (27 grams) candied orange peel
1/4 cup (27 grams) candied lemon peel
1/4 cup (27 grams) raisins
1/4 cup (27 grams) currants
1/4 cup (27 grams) dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F (180 degrees
2. Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans.
3. To make the cake: Sift the flour and baking powder together. Set aside.
4. In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy. Add the sugar, and beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, molasses, milk, and vanilla extract and beat until well combined. Add the flour mixture and beat on low speed until just combined. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
5. Bake for about 35 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean.
6. Remove the cakes from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Remove the cakes from the pans and place them on a wire rack to cool completely.
7. To make the frosting: In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy. Add the sugar, molasses, and vanilla extract and beat until light and fluffy.
8. To assemble the cake: Place one cake layer on a cake plate. Spread with frosting. Top with the second cake layer. Spread the remaining frosting over the top and sides of the cake.
9. Decorate the top of the cake with the almonds, candied orange peel, candied lemon peel, raisins, currants, and dried cranberries.
What Is The Step-By-Step Process For Making A Jamie Oliver Christmas Cake?
It’s that time of year again! The holidays are just around the corner and that means it’s time to start thinking about Christmas baking. If you’re looking for a show-stopping centrepiece for your holiday table, look no further than a Jamie Oliver Christmas cake. This deliciously moist fruitcake is packed with festive flavour and is surprisingly easy to make. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you create your own festive masterpiece.
1. Preheat your oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas 3. Grease and line a 23cm/9in round cake tin with baking parchment.
2. In a large bowl, mix together 200g/7oz self-raising flour, 200g/7oz caster sugar, 200g/7oz softened butter, 4 beaten eggs and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
3. Fold in 200g/7oz raisins, 100g/3½oz chopped apricots and 100g/3½oz chopped pitted dates.
4. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and level the surface.
5. Bake in the oven for 1½ hours, or until golden-brown and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
6. Remove the cake from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Once cooled, decorate with your choice of icing, marzipan and decorations.
In conclusion, making a Jamie Oliver Christmas cake is a fun and easy process that anyone can follow. All you need is a bit of time, some patience, and the right ingredients. So what are you waiting for? Get baking!
What Are Some Tips For Making A Successful Jamie Oliver Christmas Cake?
This year, make your Christmas cake extra special with these tips from Jamie Oliver. Oliver is a well-known celebrity chef who has published numerous cookbooks, including several Christmas-themed ones. His tips for making a successful cake are sure to impress your holiday guests.
To start, Oliver suggests using fruit that is in season and at its best. He also recommends soaking the fruit overnight in a mixture of alcohol and spices. This will help to keep the cake moist and flavorful.
When it comes to baking the cake, Oliver says to use a good-quality butter and to be careful not to overmix the batter. He also suggests using a cake tin that is at least 8 inches deep.
Finally, Oliver recommends decorating the cake with fresh fruit, edible flowers, and a dusting of icing sugar. With these tips, your Christmas cake is sure to be a showstopper.
1. Preheat the oven to 140C/285F/Gas 1.
2. Grease and line two 20cm/8in sandwich tins with baking parchment.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well combined.
5. Fold in the flour, ground almonds, baking powder and mixed spice.
6. Stir in the sultanas, raisins and currants.
7. Divide the mixture evenly between the prepared tins.
8. Bake in the oven for 3 hours or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
9. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tins for a few minutes before turning out onto wire racks to cool completely.
10. Once cooled, decorate with marzipan and icing.
Christmas is a time for family, friends and, of course, food. Jamie Oliver is one of the world’s most popular chefs, and his Christmas cake is a must-have for many families. Here are some tips for making a successful Jamie Oliver Christmas cake:
1. Make sure you have all the ingredients ready before you start. This includes the fruit, nuts, spices and, of course, the cake mix.
2. Preheat the oven and line the tin with baking paper.
3. Add the fruit, nuts and spices to the cake mix and stir well.
4. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for the time stated on the packet.
5. Allow the cake to cool before icing or decorating.
With these simple tips, you’ll be sure to have a delicious Jamie Oliver Christmas cake that everyone will enjoy.